Friday, 1 August 2014

Common Butterflies in Gardens and Parks

Here are some of the butterflies which you may find in your gardens or nearby playgrounds and parks.

Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe)

Anderson Grass Yellow (Eurema andersonii andersonii)



Dark-Branded Bush Brown (Mycalesis minues)

Could this be a "Mycalesis perseoides perseoides"? I believe it was also a Dark-Branded Bush Brown (Mycalesis minues)

Blue Glassy Tiger (Ideopsis vulgaris macrina)



Lemon Emigrant (Catopsilia pomona)
According to Kirton (2014), "Lemon Emigrant" are migrants butterflies ! Said to occur from India and right down to "down under" (i.e Australia). Amazing phenomenon !





Stripped Albatros (Appias libythea olferna)



Stripped Albatross - male


No comments:

Butterflies in September 2026 - 5 lifers and many photos of other rare species

I am surprised that I have got FIVE  lifers this month despite the rainy spell over in this region. Here are the five lifers: Lifer # 1 Gold...